A Senior Systems Analyst is responsible for client and prospect sites to identify issues, opportunities and solutions for their respective business and infrastructure planning. This is about building and developing client relationships. This is a senior role, where we are looking for someone with prior experience with a similar role. The Field Technician will be in charge of visiting clients on site. They will oversee the operations of the Network Operator and be assisting on escalated issues.
The Field Analysts’s role is to:
• Ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks.
• This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain Service Level Agreement (SLA) expectations.
• Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
• Visiting clients on site to resolve issues.
• Oversee the Network operator and step in when issues escalate.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Planning and implementation of additions, deletions and major modifications to existing and new client’s infrastructure;
• Proactively support the client IT infrastructure needs and expectations;
• Keeps regular contact with Team Leads as well as other internal and external stakeholders informed of both potential and expected changes at client sites;
• Work with the designated person from the client site to support the need and timing of changes for their IT infrastructure;
• Provides monthly updates to clients to confirm progress, issues and opportunities for improvement of their environment;
• Continually seeks opportunities to increase client satisfaction and deepen client relationships; and
• Ensure that all requests are processed through ticketing system.
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 4 years equivalent work experience.
• Configuration of the Microsoft Office suite, including integration with Microsoft Exchange and Office 365.
• Specific experience with large-scaled Infrastructure/Networking projects including: virtualization, data center consolidations, infrastructure re-architecture, application migrations, etc.
• In-depth administrative and end-user experience with Linux / UNIX, VMware ESX/ESXi
• Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting VMware ESX/ESXi
• Maintains a good functional understanding of Fibre Channel, iSCSI, and FCoE
• Solid TCP/IP networking background
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Do what-ever-it-takes attitude a must!
• Must have valid drivers license and reliable transportation
• Ability to be on-call
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
• Strong documentation skills.
• Fluent English language skills.
• Previous experience in a managerial role.
• Able to oversee multiple service issues.
• Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
• Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Exceptional customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• In-depth knowledge of IT products.
• Proficient with general office applications.
• 40-hour work week.
• On-Call availability for 7 days per month.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
• Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.